Helpful Tips for New Patients and Medicaid Patients!
If you have made the decision to join our family at Alamance Family Practice then we are so excited to have you! We welcome all new patients, and even Medicaid patients. Before you come in for your first appointment at Alamance Family Practice we have a few helpful suggestions to prepare you for your visit.
- Step 1: If you are a new patient then first you will need to fill out your New Patient forms! We would encourage you to print off and fill out the forms we have available online and bring them in with you to your appointment, this will cut back on your wait time. If for some reason you are unable to do this we do have New Patient forms available in the office for your convenience.
- Step 2: Next make sure you arrive 15 minutes early for your first appointment! Processing new patients takes a little more time than the patients that are already established at the practice. Making sure to arrive early will help ensure that you are seen by the physician in a more timely fashion!
- Step 3: Make sure to bring your updated insurance card with you so we can make a copy for our records. Also, don’t forget to bring in any applicable co-pays for your visit.
- Step 4: The last thing you’ll need to remember before coming to your first appointment at Alamance Family Practice is to make sure you bring all of your medications with you to your visit!
- Step 1: If you are a Medicaid patient that is joining the family at Alamance Family Practice the first thing you will need to do, in addition to completing the above new patient steps, is make sure that Alamance Family Practice is listed as the primary provider on your Medicaid card.
- Step 2: If Alamance Family Practice is not listed as your primary provider on your Medicaid card and you would like to receive care in our office then we would love to help you! All you will need to do is contact your case worker and ask him or her to have the provider on your card changed to ‘Alamance Family Practice’.
- Step 3: If you are 21 years or older and Medicaid is your only insurance then you will be responsible for paying a $3.00 co-pay at the time of your visit, so please make sure and bring this in with you when you come.
- Step 4: The final step for our Medicaid patients is to always remember to bring in any medications your taking when you come in for your visit. This step is essential to helping us provide you with optimal healthcare! That’s It! Now you’re ready to be seen as the newest member of our family at Alamance Family Practice. We look forward to providing you with the highest quality care for all of your healthcare needs, and we’ll be seeing you soon!